Just when you thought there was no festival season in the capital… a group of festival planners have come through to make those summer concerts a possibility! RBC Bluesfest and the National Arts Centre’s #CanadaPerforms initiative collaborated to create a socially distant music festival fit for 2020: RBC Bluesfest Drive-In.
The festival will take place over the course of two weekends on July 31st, August 1st and 7th to 9th at Place des Festivals – Zibi in Gatineau.
You can support some of your favourite Canadian and Indigenous artists! Check out the lineup here:
- July 31 – Marie-Mai, Donovan Woods and The Opposition, Neon Dreams, Terra Lightfoot, Julian Taylor, Kellylee Evans
- August 1 – Sam Roberts Band, Shad, Haviah Mighty, LeFLOFRANCO, Nambi, Bboyizm
- August 7 – Patrick Watson, Basia Bulat, Zaki Ibrahim, Asuquomo, Silla and Rise, Geneviève et Alain
- August 8 – Tim Hicks, Kira Isabella, Chris Labelle, Lyle Odjick & The Northern Steam, Amanda Rheaume
- August 9 – Elijah Woods x Jamie Fine, BLAKDENIM, Eli Rose, Marie-Clo & Moscow Apartment
How it works:
Instead of attending on foot, the festival is designed as a drive-in style. Simply drive into Place des Festivals – Zibi and park and enjoy the show in your car. The festival will be broadcast through a radio signal as well.
Vehicle tickets are $75 plus tax for general admission and $125 for the Nissan VIP section. The festival grounds have a limit of 500 parking spots.
You can get your tickets here.
Learn more about RBC Bluesfest Drive-In here.