Ottawa Public Health is reporting 18 new confirmed COVID-19 cases Wednesday.
That sends the city’s total throughout the pandemic up to 2,746, with 120 active cases, and 86 per cent of patients recovered. No new deaths related to the virus were reported Wednesday, that number stays at 265.
There are 102 new cases across Ontario Wednesday.
The total number of cases now stands at 40,972, which includes 2,792 deaths and 37,215 cases marked as resolved. The province also reported 89 newly resolved cases Wednesday.
91 Percent of Parents Sending OCDSB Students Back to Class:
It seems that most parents of students in the local public school board plan to send their children back to school next month.
Survey results from the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board show 91 per cent of parents who responded will be sending their kids back to class. Roughly 73 per cent of elementary students will return to class, while 27 per cent will learn from home.
City Makes Partial LRT Maintenance Payment:
The City has made a payment to the Rideau Transit Group, which built and now maintains the Confederation Line.
However, according to a city memo, the payment is less than one third of what was expected, due to ongoing issues with the system. $12.2-million is being held back due to problems on the line earlier this year. RTG is pledging to have a wheel cracking issue fixed next month, and fifteen trains now running consistently during peak hours, as promised.
Conservatives Want WE Answers Before Forcing An Election:
Conservative finance critic Pierre Poilievre says the Tories don’t want an election until after the full truth of the WE Charity scandal is revealed.
But he says he thinks Prime Minister Justin Trudeau would love Canadians to go to the polls before opposition MPs can force the government to cough up all the details. Thousands of pages of documents were released late yesterday, but Poilievre says many are blacked out, and MPs won’t be able to ask about them until after the House comes back.
Missing Indigenous Teen:
The Mounties are continuing their search by land and helicopter for an Indigenous girl believed to be travelling around Cape Breton with a man, 47.
Mary Martin, 14, who goes by Molly, has not been seen since last Thursday in Eskasoni.