Labour Day is just around the corner. Here’s what you should know about what’s open and closed in Ottawa heading into the long weekend.
City of Ottawa Service Changes
- Splash pads and some city pools, will be open, depending on the weather.
- Some weight and cardio rooms will be open on modified schedules.
- City child care centres will be closed for the day.
- Ottawa City Hall and its seven client service centres will be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library locations will be closed.
- The Brewer Arena COVID-19 Case Assessment Centre will be closed on Labour Day.
- The Moodie Care Clinic will be open from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Heron Care Clinic will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
OC Transpo Services
- OC Transpo busses and O–Trains will run on a Sunday schedule on Labour Day.
- O-Train Line 1 will operate from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Line 2 will operate 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Garbage, green bin or recycling collection
- There will no curbside garbage, green bin or recycling collection Monday. That will resume Tuesday with collection pushed ahead one day for the rest of the week.
- Mutli-residential garbage collection will go ahead as scheduled but multi-residential recycling, green bin and bulky collection will be pushed forward one day.
- The Trail Road Waste facility will remain open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All grocery stores will be closed except for:
- The Loblaws at Isabella Street and at Rideau Street will be open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Farm Boy in the Rideau Centre will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- You can also get your groceries at the Whole Foods at Lansdowne from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
LCBO and Beer Stores
- All LCBO stores will be closed on Labour Day.
- Some Beer Store locations including 1984 Baseline Rd., 548 Montreal Rd. And 1860 Bank St. Will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The rest of the locations will be closed.
All shopping centres in the area will be closed except for:
- The Byward Market.
- Shops in the Glebe.
- The Rideau Centre.
While the Canadian War Museum, the Canadian Museum of History, the Diefenbunker and the Ottawa Art Gallery will be closed, the following museums will be open Labour Day, including:
- The Canadian Museum of Nature
- The Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- The Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- The Canada Science and Technology Museum
- The National Gallery of Canada