Update: Leak repaired and residents were allowed to return to their homes at about 1am this morning.
Ottawa Fire Crews, including a HAZMAT team, are dealing with a gas leak in the area of Uplands and Paul Anka Drive.
Fire staff were called out to the scene just after 3:00PM.
Residents in this area are urged to remain inside with their doors and windows closed, while everyone else should avoid this area.
Firefighters will be going door to door in the affected area to verify the air quality inside homes.
Hydro Ottawa says power has been shut off in the area as a safety measure. For now, it’s estimated that electricity should be restored to more than 27-hundred customers by 10:30 tonight.