The City of Ottawa has opened two new emergency cooling centres as residents look for ways to deal with this heat wave.
The Overbrook Community Centre and the Sports Hall of Fame at City Hall are two new options.
Emergency cooling centres at the following City facilities will be open from 11 am to 7 pm:
- Overbrook Community Centre, 33 Quill Street
- City Hall – Sports Hall of Fame
- Plant Recreation Centre, 930 Somerset Street West
- Hunt Club-Riverside Park Community Centre, 3320 Paul Anka Drive
- Ron Kolbus Lakeside Centre, 102 Greenview Avenue
- Pat Clark Community Centre, 4355 Halmont Drive
The City will extend the operation of cooling centres as required.