Victoria Day is on Monday, May 23. Here’s what’s open and closed this long weekend.
Most retail stores, malls and grocery stores will be closed with the exception of the Rideau Centre and Tanger Outlets. The following grocery stores will also remain open:
- Loblaws on Isabella Street – 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Loblaws on Rideau Street – 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Farm Boy in the Rideau Centre – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Metro Glebe on Bank Street – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Whole Foods at Lansdowne Park – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m
Most city services will be closed on Monday, with recreation centres, gyms, and pools operating on a modified schedule. OC Transpo will run on a Sunday schedule and there will be no Monday garbage collection, which means all collection will be delayed by one day all week.
If you plan to get out with the family, the Canadian Museum of Nature, Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, The National Gallery of Canada, Canada Science and Tech Museum and the Canada Aviation and Space Museum will be open all weekend, including Monday. The Canadian War Museum, Canadian Museum of History and the Diefenbunker will be open on the weekend, but closed on Monday.