Whether it is reading up on the Calls to Action from the Truth and Reconciliation or the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls inquiries, to attending the Summer Solstice Indigenous Festival or supporting Indigenous artists elsewhere, there are a number of ways for you to be a solid ally to Indigenous Peoples. We will be highlighting prominent Indigenous figures on-air, and on our social media, so make sure to follow us there. We are very excited about the Summer Solstice Indigenous Festival, which is happening at the Madahoki Farm this year.
Here are some suggestions and links to resources:
- Read the final report from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- Read the final report from the Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
- Sign up for the University of Alberta’s free “History of Indigenous People in Canada” course
- Attend the Summer Solstice Indigenous Festival
- Support Indigenous-owned businesses. You can check out this blog post for a list of local Indigenous-owned businesses.