Canada Day is almost here! Find out what’s open and closed in the capital while you celebrate.
Most retail stores and malls are closed during the festivities with the exception of the Rideau Centre and Tanger Outlets. Both are open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The following grocery stores will be open:
- Farm Boy in the Rideau Centre – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Loblaws on Isabella Street – 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Loblaws on Rideau Street – 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Whole Foods Market at Lansdowne – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Most city services will be closed on Canada Day, with buses operating on a Sunday schedule. OC Transpo will be offering free rides all day. If you are planning on driving downtown, there will be traffic interruptions that you can learn more about here.
If you are looking for a break from the outdoor events at Lebreton Flats and Parliament Hill, you can visit these museums for free from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- Canadian War Museum
- Canadian Museum of History