The folks over at Mādahòkì Farm have cooked up an exciting opportunity for any Indigenous person interested in learning culinary skills.
With their Indigenous Food Ways training program you can learn relevant employable skills to start your Indigenous culinary career, such as
- Meal and food preparation
- How to plant, harvest and forage traditional food
- History and importance of Indigenous plants
- Learn directly from chefs, farmers and knowledge keepers
- Business management and customer service skills
- Certifications in first aid, food safety and more
Mādahòkì Farm is planning on starting the Indigenous Food Ways training program on August 15, 2022. Additionally, they will be providing all students with a weekly living and transportation allowance.
If you’re interested in learning more and applying to the Indigenous Food Ways training program, you can do so here.